Budget LIving: Spice Rack & Street Art-Inspired Cupboard Curtain DIY


A little DIY inspiration this morning to start off the week from the folks at Elle Decor (Thailand). These are two cute projects that one could adapt pretty easily. I don't know if I would go so far as making my own shelf from scratch as it shows here, but I'm sure I could find something easily enough (a wine crate?) to decoupage some papers to the back of to make a sweet little spice shelf like this in a jiffy. Just today I saw some jars like that at the dollar store - only $1 each!  This could be a pretty sweet and cheap do-it-yourself!  And the other (below), a street art-inspired cupboard curtain that is cleverly hanging using a curtain rod.  Makes me want to just go build our kitchen right now!  To heck with cabinets! Click here to see both. 

Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Cara Sheppard said...

Both are super cute! I also love the pot rack made out of pipes - I may just steal that idea...

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Cute cute cute!!! Love these ideas!

Happy New Year!!!
xoxo Jenny Holiday

Laura Evans said...

that spice rack is such a cute idea ... i have some book shelves that are horrible ugly cheap things that simple serve a purpose i've been wanting to update with wall paper. Just wandering how i will get it to stick to the shiny surface! have a wonderful monday. xx

Jan Halvarson said...

Cara - i know - they are great aren't they?

Jenny - thanks Happy New Year to you!

Laura - oh - maybe just sand the part a bit that you need to glue to?

Unknown said...

So so cute!
★ Happy New Year ! ★
May all your dreams come true

Lady Grey said...

I love this! It somehow seems even cooler that it comes from a Thai magazine : )

Happy 2011!
oxo

Claire Caudwell said...

Lovely :)

Eydie Kugler said...

I enjoyed my visit.
Your blog is so refreshing and filled with such beauty.
I look forward to visiting again soon.
xoxo